The Mina community and its members are the core of Mina’s global, decentralized network. As the community grows past 285K members, more exciting perspectives and ideas have also emerged. With that in mind, we are excited to announce the experimental version of a Mina Community Blog which features a variety of community-generated blogs, videos, articles, and other resources in one place.
Introducing the Mina Community Blog
Now, community creators can more easily reach community members to help them learn more about Mina, zero knowledge, zkApps, and more. Here are some of the categories you can search by:
- zkApps: Learn about zkApps, community projects, and how to build.
- Zero Knowledge: Find educational resources about zero knowledge and Mina’s ZK-proof systems.
- Protocol & Participation: Learn about Mina Protocol and how to participate in the network like node operating, staking, and more.
- General & Ecosystem: Get general information about the Mina Protocol & its ecosystem projects.
Each featured post will be authored by a community member and will lead to the original link as well as the author’s social media pages for readers to connect with.
The Mina Foundation will be updating the page with new community contributions on an ongoing basis. Community members may submit content that they believe should be added as well. You can read the guidelines and submit here.
We are excited about the opportunity to bring more visibility to community-generated content through the Mina Community Blog*. That said, there will be lots of room to improve the platform in terms of format, topics, and more. We welcome your feedback.
How to Contribute: Mina Community Creators
In an effort to feature more community content, the submission process is easy and seeks to meaningfully recognize contributors. Here is what to expect:
- Submit community content via a short six-question form.
- Eligible content will be posted to the Mina Community Blog on an ongoing basis.
- Authors of the eligible content will receive a notification email and be rewarded with a Mina Community Creator Discord Badge.
- Top Mina Community Creators will receive a reward of 50 MINA (subject to a one-year lockup period) **. The first round will be chosen before July 2023.
Top Mina Community Creators will be selected based on multiple criteria including content quality, the amount of content published, and the number of views on the Mina Community Blog. It will also take into consideration if a creator has already received a grant for their content from another grant program. These variables are subject to change however and will be re-stated when the announcement of the top creators is made.
There are already so many great pieces of Mina content published and we are excited to see more. The community is the backbone in onboarding more members to the Mina ecosystem and we hope that both authors and readers find the blog a helpful resource in doing so!
For a monthly roundup of the newest additions to the blog, make sure to sign up for the Mina newsletter.
* Content on the Mina Community Blog does not represent the views or endorsement of the Mina Foundation.
** Subject to selected Creators meeting onboarding requirements and providing requisite documents.
About Mina Protocol
Mina is the world’s lightest blockchain, powered by participants. Rather than apply brute computing force, Mina uses advanced cryptography and recursive zk-SNARKs to design an entire blockchain that is about 22kb, the size of a couple of tweets. It is the first layer-1 to enable efficient implementation and easy programmability of zero knowledge smart contracts (zkApps). With its unique privacy features and ability to connect to any website, Mina is building a private gateway between the real world and crypto—and the secure, democratic future we all deserve.