Today, we are excited to introduce Mina’s Multi-Year Roadmap, a collaborative vision for the future of the Mina Protocol, driven by the Mina ecosystem and supported by the Mina Foundation.
2023 is set to be a pivotal year for the advancement of zero knowledge, and it’s just the beginning, as we enter a new era of cultivating ZK’s potential on a broader scale. The founding vision for Mina was to build a blockchain which is universally accessible and powered by participants. With the introduction of zk-programmability, Mina is poised to achieve this goal by providing privacy, scaling, and verifiability benefits to user-aligned applications.
This roadmap is the culmination of where we see Mina headed, the concrete products that will need to exist for the Mina ecosystem to get there, and how we will get there in collaboration with the community.
At the outset, our intention was to ensure Mina’s roadmap is among the most distinctive and ground-breaking product roadmaps available, detailing not just the milestones, but the context and ambitions behind them. The Multi-Year Roadmap is divided into five tracks: Trust Minimization, ZK-Programmability, Settlement Layer Performance, MinaVerse, and Road to DAOification.
- Trust Minimization focuses on ensuring the Mina blockchain is sustainably and scalably decentralized.
- ZK-Programmability is about building the best possible ZK-programmability layer possible on Mina with scalable verification and zero knowledge privacy.
- Settlement Layer Performance optimizes the performance of Mina’s latency, finality, and throughput.
- Minaverse pushes the boundaries of composability between platforms and enables applications and platforms to connect and build off each other on Mina.
- Road to DAOification is about setting up a system of decision-making for Mina to function effectively and have a positive impact on the world.
We are thrilled to share Mina’s Multi-Year Roadmap with the world, and we believe that by leveraging the power of ZK, we can create a brighter future for everyone. Mina’s roadmap is the foundation and starting point for this journey, and we look forward to iterating on it with the rest of the Mina ecosystem. We invite you to explore the roadmap and join us as we build the future of blockchain technology together.
– Evan Shapiro, Mina Foundation CEO & Mina Protocol Co-Founder
About Mina Protocol
Mina is the world’s lightest blockchain, powered by participants. Rather than apply brute computing force, Mina uses advanced cryptography and recursive zk-SNARKs to design an entire blockchain that is about 22kb, the size of a couple of tweets. It is the first layer-1 to enable efficient implementation and easy programmability of zero knowledge smart contracts (zkApps). With its unique privacy features and ability to connect to any website, Mina is building a private gateway between the real world and crypto—and the secure, democratic future we all deserve.