We are excited to announce the Q2 2022 Community Grant recipients! Every quarter, Mina Foundation awards grants to members of the exceptional Mina community to recognize their contributions to advancing and supporting the Mina ecosystem.
This quarter, we want to shine the spotlight on Mina’s growing zkApp ecosystem. Members have been building zkApps, writing zkApp-related resources, sharing zkApp developer tools (eg. libraries), and organizing zkApp-related educational sessions. We’re incredibly excited about how this part of Mina’s ecosystem is growing, thanks to the contributions of the community. Here are a few of the contributors eligible for grants (please note that these are community-led efforts that are unaffiliated with the Mina Foundation):
- Comdex#3801 built a private nft prototype (POC) based on the actions/reducer feature of SnarkyJS and the associated Merkle tree. The zkApp supports minting and transferring NFTs, and verifies the NFT owner through a zk proof without exposing the owner’s address (Github)
- temmuz#6937 built an age verification zkApp using hash chains. The zkApp includes an optional facial verification/identification pipeline that matches the faces on a passport image and a selfie image, assesses the validity of the passport image, and encrypts the user’s age it obtained from the passport. (Github).
- Gordon Freeman#4502 and @rpanic#3328 both created zkApps that implement multi-sig wallets on Mina leveraging unique zero-knowledge characteristics. (Gordon Freeman#4502 Github) (rpanic#3328 Github)
- Vim#1368 wrote a blog to share their experience building a DeFi lending zkApp using Mina’s zero knowledge smart contracts.
- Karol#4597 and @Laurence Kirk#2549 co-hosted a virtual community-led zkApp workshop for 26 attendees providing an in-depth overview and introduction to Mina Protocol, Zero-Knowledge Proofs (ZKP), zk-SNARK, ZKPs and blockchain, and much more.
This quarter, we received 105 unique nominations and 62 grants are being awarded to 57 unique grantees. These include 35 grants for zkApp development. Take a look at the full overview of grantees here.
NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR Q3 GRANTS UNTIL OCT 14
If you have made contributions to the Mina ecosystem during Q3, please nominate yourself for a quarterly grant. You are also encouraged to nominate other community members who you have seen contribute positively. We want to make sure you and your fellow community members are recognized for your efforts within the Mina community. Submit your nominations for Q3 grants by October 14, 2022.
We appreciate the time and effort put into the individual projects and the nominations that were submitted. Please join us in congratulating the Q2 grant recipients. Every contribution to the Mina community is crucial to growing Mina and its ecosystem, and we look forward to seeing many more amazing projects.
About Mina Protocol
Mina is the world’s lightest blockchain, powered by participants. Rather than apply brute computing force, Mina uses advanced cryptography and recursive zk-SNARKs to design an entire blockchain that is about 22kb, the size of a couple of tweets. It is the first layer-1 to enable efficient implementation and easy programmability of zero knowledge smart contracts (zkApps). With its unique privacy features and ability to connect to any website, Mina is building a private gateway between the real world and crypto—and the secure, democratic future we all deserve. Mina is stewarded by the Mina Foundation, a public benefit corporation headquartered in the United States.